Protecting Your Family’s Future In Divorce And Other Family Law Issues
Clients can trust the attorneys at Ashwell & Ashwell, PLLC, to protect their interests and minimize the personal stress of highly charged situations such as:
- Contested and uncontested divorce
- Military divorce
- Spousal support
- Property division
- Child-related cases
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Grandparents’ rights
- Stepparent adoption, grandparent adoption and other private adoptions
Because what happens in court, mediation and settlement negotiations will determine the future for you and your children, we focus our full attention, resources and knowledge on helping you achieve a favorable outcome. Our agility with new legal approaches is especially valuable in high-asset divorces and contentious child custody and paternity cases where much is at stake.
Streamlining The Divorce And Family Law Process
Here, we describe in general terms how your divorce or custody case may proceed with our help.
- Initial consultation: We’ll identify the merits and challenges of your proposed divorce settlement, child custody arrangement or another type of family law situation. In collaboration with you, we will map the path forward, helping you project how long your case may take and what it may cost.
- Case preparation: Our attorneys at Ashwell & Ashwell, PLLC, will conduct research and discovery to gather the facts that you need to build the most appropriate legal approach for negotiations, mediation or court sessions before a judge.
- Client preparation: Our attorneys will use their knowledge and experience with previous divorce and family law cases to give you an idea of what to expect. With thorough preparation as our starting point, we will be ready to walk into negotiations, mediation sessions or family law court alongside you, calm and confident.
- In meetings, hearings or a courtroom: Whether in negotiations, mediation or before a judge, we will exercise civil interactions, as we have found over the years that this approach is most likely to bring about favorable results than a more aggressive approach.
We will never lose sight of your goal, whether it is an equitable divorce, a workable child custody arrangement or the smooth completion of a private adoption. Every recommendation that we make will be with your best interests in mind. We urge you to stay engaged and informed so you will be ready to make the decisions in your case that will be best for you and your children.
Schedule A Consultation About Any Family Law Issue
Reach us by phone at 540-991-9100 or complete our online form to request a meeting with a family law attorney at Ashwell & Ashwell, PLLC.